|Ad type:||volunteer opportunities|
|Company:||Community Development Network|
|Workplace street:||Boston, MA|
|Posted:||5 Jul 2020|
Community Development Network is looking for an Outreach, Fundraising and Events Volunteer with experience in marketing or fundraising to promote our Menstrual Hygiene Project. The project we’re promoting is our effort ensure that a period doesn’t keep a girl in Cameroon out of school. We’re doing it by educating girls on menstrual hygiene, sex education and their human rights, as well as distributing reusable menstrual hygiene products.
You’ll get the chance to join a small, dedicated team which will collaborate with you on our overall outreach strategy. You will work with other volunteers on developing on implementing a strategy to promote CDN and our Menstrual Hygiene Project through fundraising events and opening avenues for us to build our base of supporters and donors and you’ll plan out specific fundraising events with us. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and capable of working independently.
We’re especially looking for volunteers in the Massachusetts or Maryland, but we’d be happy to work with people in other locations. Travel is not required.
Community Development Network (CDN) is a 501(c)3 in the US and a registered Cameroonian non-profit organization created to support rural development challenges and promote the aspirations of the vulnerable and marginalized people of Cameroon by mobilizing collective action towards sustainable livelihoods. We are based in Douala, Littoral Region - Cameroon.
Duties and Responsibilities
The fundraising and events volunteer will:
- Assist the team with planning our overall fundraising strategy
- Lead the planning and management of fundraising events
- Coordinate and follow up on donors’ mailings and phone campaigns, as well as donor requests. Work with the fundraising team to prospect and solicit major donors
- Identify and approach potential partners and help increase communications with supporters
- Assist with general fundraising activities as needed Qualifications Fundraising and/or event planning
What we’re looking for
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Experience with fundraising or marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills Works well independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management
This position requires a minimum 6 hours per week and can be performed from a remote location and provides valuable experience for fundraising management and event planning students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for promoting community development in rural Africa.
Volunteers are highly valued members of the CDN’s team and contribute to making a significant difference in our efforts to towards sustainable development for current and future generations. CDN will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org