|Company:||Bay Area Council Economic Institute|
|City:||San Francisco, CA|
|Workplace street:||San Francisco, CA|
|Work schedule:||Full Time|
|Posted:||5 Jan 2020|
The Bay Area Council has been at the intersection of business and civic leadership, shaping the future of the Bay Area since 1945. As a premier non-profit, public policy advocacy organization representing over 300 of the top employers across the nine-county region, we focus on ensuring the Bay Area is the best place to live and work in the world. The Bay Area Council represents business leaders committed to working with public and community leaders to keep the Bay Area the most innovative, sustainable, inclusive and globally competitive place in the world.
WHAT WE DO
We focus on the economic health of the region, balancing long-term economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
The Northern California Megaregion Initiative Manager is a newly created position with the primary responsibility of assisting in the launch of a megaregional task force of business leaders and other key stakeholders. When fully formed, the task force will work on advocacy efforts related to megaregional transportation and economic development. The Northern California Megaregion Initiative is a program led by the Bay Area Council and chaired by Keith Knopf, President and CEO of Raley’s.
This six-month, temporary role will be charged with creation of explanatory materials (pitch decks, PowerPoints, and memos) that can be used in meetings with business leaders and other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a background in producing marketing materials for a campaign and/or fundraising. The Northern California Megaregion Initiative Manager will be a part of the Bay Area Council’s Policy Team in San Francisco, though travel to Sacramento or other parts of Northern California should be expected at least once per week. This position is currently funded for six months but could be extended subject to funding and performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project Management- Develop, implement, and manage the Northern California Megaregion Initiative to advance Bay Area Council policy goals, working with appropriate Council staff, Raley’s, and other stakeholders. Work with team to create timelines, milestones, and budgets, while keeping stakeholders up to date on project status.
· Marketing Materials- Develop and design materials for outreach and meetings with key stakeholders. Create messaging that frames the issues and future vision for Northern California.
· Research- Develop knowledge of the relevant policies and political issues impacting the Northern California Megaregion and keep team members informed and tell a compelling story using data.
· Event Planning- Organize and plan meetings and events associated with the Northern California Megaregion. This includes recruiting speakers, securing venues, setting dates, developing agendas, materials, and invitation lists, sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, arranging catering, A/V, hotel, transportation, staffing needs, name badges, registration and day-of-event staffing and support. Draft minutes following meetings where applicable.
· Policy Advocacy - Prepare written reports, memos, letters, newsletters, emails, web-site content, op-ed pieces, speeches, and PowerPoint presentations to advance policy priorities.
· Task Force Member Engagement -- Engage and involve new task force members in developing and advocating positions on public policy issues. Learn task force member interests, concerns, and perspectives on assigned policy areas, and develop program activities that engage members on those interests.
· Other – Assist and support other Bay Area Council staff as necessary, to ensure overall organizational success of the Megaregion Initiative
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
Strong communicator ▪ Excellent writer/storyteller ▪ Campaign or marketing experience ▪ Detail-oriented planning and organization ▪ Team player ▪ Accountable ▪ Excellent research and analytical skills ▪ Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines ▪ Self-starter ▪ Strong work ethic ▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications ▪ Fast learner ▪ Adept at professional social media use
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Two-year or four-year college degree; prefer degree in relevant field (e.g. public policy, marketing, journalism, graphic design) and/or relevant work experience. Experience designing and producing materials in Microsoft and Adobe applications is preferred.
This six-month, full-time, temporary position will be paid on an hourly basis at a rate between $25.00 and $29.00 per hour (40 hours per week), depending on the experience and skill level of the successful applicant. This position will not be eligible for or accrue benefits provided by the Bay Area Council over the six months of employment. If this role becomes permanent after six months, the Bay Area Council also provides a generous benefits package that includes: medical, vision, dental, and life insurance benefits; 401(k) deferred compensation program with generous employer matching; nine paid holidays per year; and paid time off accrual (up to 20 days per year for newly hired employees).
How to Applyjbellisario@bayareacouncil.orghttp://www.bayareacouncil.org
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one pdf e-mail attachment with your last name and “Megaregion Manager” in the file name (i.e., Smith_ MegaregionManager) to Jeff Bellisario at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through December 23, 2019 but will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one pdf e-mail attachment with your last name and “Megaregion Manager” in the file name (i.e., Smith_ MegaregionManager) to Jeff…Read more about how to apply