|Ad type:||volunteer opportunities|
|Company:||Northampton Center for the Arts|
|Workplace street:||Northampton, MA|
|Posted:||26 Apr 2020|
The Northampton Center for the Arts (NCFA)is a non-profit organization which provides affordable space for artists, performers, and educators while developing programming dedicated to arts education, multidisciplinary collaborations, and community connections. NCFA fosters artistic expression by:
· Providing accessible, affordable performance and gathering space
· Supporting local arts educators by offering classes and workshops
· Encouraging participation in diverse forms of expression by diverse populations
· Producing quality events that bring people together in celebration of art and community
· At the Northampton Center for the Arts, programming is always evolving, and you will find music, dance, theatre and visual art classes, rehearsals, art exhibitions, and performances of all kinds that strengthen the arts ecology of the greater Northampton area.
We are seeking an enthusiastic part-time volunteer who is professional, detail-oriented, and organized to assist our team of directors . This is a great opportunity for a student interested in writing, fundraising, research, or project management. Come join us and help our growing and evolving organization!
Responsibilities include greeting visitors, website updates, social media posting, researching new and assisting with existing grant opportunities, event planning, and more!
While some work will require the intern to be onsite, some of this work can also be done remotely.
Qualifications • Preference for candidates enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program in English, Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, Arts Management, etc. • Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills. • Non-profit experience a plus. • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team required. • Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Docs essential.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume.