|Ad type:||volunteer opportunities|
|Company:||Pagus Africa, Center for Achievement|
|Workplace street:||Haverford, PA|
|Posted:||29 Mar 2020|
Pagus:Africa was Founded in 2005, as the international outreach arm of Pagus, Inc. Our mission is to strengthen disadvantaged, rural communities in Ghana, W. Africa, through education, leaderships, health and poverty reduction programs. We believe the most effective way to facilitate long-term sustainable change is to empower youth so they are equipped for life’s challenges and are able to assist in the development of their own villages.
We do this though student-centered experiential projects and programs as well as by providing financial assistance for schooling.
Working in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts to expand the donor-base to assure sustainability. As a new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
The Development Director's primary responsibility is to raise money to support the organization's programs and services.
• Creates and implements a development plan that solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and sponsorship opportunities.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Overseeing organization of special events
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Experience in development desired.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills