|Ad type:||volunteer opportunities|
|Company:||Ecuador Eco Volunteer|
|Workplace street:||Puyo, Ecuador|
|Category:||Project or Research Study|
|Work schedule:||Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)|
|Posted:||15 Sep 2019|
Why This Volunteer Work Project is Important
The Protected Forest Sanctuary runs one of the most successful breeding and rehabilitation programs in Latin America for endangered wildlife that were displaced due to deforestation. The sanctuary has been successful in completing their goal of rescuing rare and exciting animals from the cruel billion dollar black market and animal trade. Now the rescued animals are free to life safely without fear of poachers and bulldozers on the 53 hectare of pristine rainforest on the Protected Animal Sanctuary.
Typical Day Volunteering
Volunteers will be working inside the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest helping maintain the sanctuaries environment for animals that live in the property like cheeky clown monkeys, elusive spider monkeys, timid wooly monkeys, as well as other endangered animals like the possum and tapir, rare and exotic birds, snakes, alligators, and frogs. The sanctuary also works closely to the local community educating about caring for the environment, and capacitating locals in the fight against oil companies that are interested in their lands.
Read this to make sure you have realistic expectations in the Animal Rescue Center Puyo
– Feeding and helping to rehabilitate the animals before they are released
– Cleaning the cages and keeping the center tidy
– Translating for International Visitors
– Creating and maintaining ecological pathways for animals to roam freely inside the sanctuary
– Teaching children in local school the importance of environmental awareness
*Please take lots of photos of insects to increase the Animal Rescue Centers database research catalogue.
-Volunteers will be volunteering between Monday to Friday with weekends free for leisure time or travel around Ecuador.
-Apt to simple living
-Able to be self sufficient
-Volunteers must bring their own food to the community. There will be a kitchen provided on site.
– $465 USD per month
– $410 USD three weeks
– $350 USD two weeks
– $285 USD one week
* 2 week minimum
* Maximum 4 Volunteers at a Time
* Day 1: Airport pickup and first nights accommodation in Quito
* Day 2: Transfer to orientation in Riobamba / home stay
* Training and Support
* Work Reference / Volunteer Certificate
* Contribution to the community
Price Does Not Include
*Meals, however food is relatively cheap to buy in the local market in Puyo
*Volunteers also receive discounts on Mountain Climbing and Trekking Expeditions with Ecuador Eco Adventures