|Company:||Amnesty International USA|
|City:||New York, NY|
|Workplace street:||New York, NY|
|Work schedule:||Full Time|
|Posted:||21 Jul 2019|
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is seeking a Full-Time Organizational Effectiveness Lead (Six-month Fixed Term) to join our Inclusion & Strategic Innovation team. This position is based at either our Washington D.C or New York City offices.
What you’ll find at Amnesty International USA:
-Vision for change: Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. The organization investigates and exposes abuses, educates and mobilizes the public, and works to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. As the United States section of our global movement, we engage people in the U.S. to fight injustice all around the world, while we also work to protect people’s human rights here in the U.S. Whether speaking out for refugees and against oppression abroad, or calling for an end to gun violence and the unlawful use of lethal force by police, Amnesty International and its membership shines a light on violations and offers ways to help.
-How we work: Amnesty International’s uniquely effective approach for protecting human rights uses a three-pronged approach that focuses on research from experts in crisis zones and areas were human violations are taking place; mobilization of activists, members, and others who care about human rights; and advocacy to pass and preserve laws that protect human rights. We foster a collaborative environment in which we work with colleagues across functions and locations, and partner with our dedicated volunteer members to maximize our impact.
-Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match up to 5%, and generous paid time off. We are also committed to our team’s learning and growth, and offer various professional development and advancement opportunities.
- Commitment to diversity & inclusion: At Amnesty International USA, we deeply value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in our human rights work and our workplace culture and practices. We recognize that this is not only necessary to ensure that our rich diversity of staff and members can thrive, but that we can simply not accomplish our mission without it. We have a comprehensive strategy and take shared responsibility for fostering an inclusive environment for all.
What the Organizational Effectiveness Lead does: As a complex organization, Amnesty is always working to strengthen our cross-organizational collaboration and effectiveness in order to drive human rights impact. The Organizational Effectiveness Lead will be designing and managing our annual planning process in support of our efforts to build a culture of planning, collaboration, alignment, and impact in service of our mission. They are responsible for developing a strategic planning philosophy and accompanying systems and structures. This function will also partner with the Human Resources department, managers and executive team on resource management, to identify skill and capacity gaps, and inform learning & development initiatives and strategic workforce and workload planning. They will also support all staff and managers to plan and work together more effectively.
The Organizational Effectiveness Lead reports to the Chief Inclusion & Strategic Innovation Officer and will be closely partnering with the Innovation Lab Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Manager, and Data Analyst to ensure we have supportive systems and structures for an outcome-informed and innovative approach to work planning. The role would also contribute and support organizational development, change management, and internal coordination and communications.
The ideal candidate for this role enjoys building new cross-organizational initiatives, quickly getting up to speed in a complex and changing organization, will bring a great eye for both the big picture and the small details, and has a strong commitment to excellence and collaboration. They have experience with and a passion for inclusion, innovation, monitoring & evaluation, and learning & development. They are self-motivated, creative, resilient, and have a good sense of humor and fantastic collaboration skills.
- Design and manage the annual strategic cross-organizational planning process
- Provides guidance for project management within and across all units of the organization
- Informs strategic resource management in partnership with HR and people leaders
- Partners with Learning & Development on identifying staff capacity and skillset opportunities
- Ensures a data-driven, innovative and inclusive organizational planning strategy
- Contribute to organizational development and culture change
- Being an active contributor to an inclusive, collaborative and high-performing team
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Substantial experience in cross-departmental strategic planning and project management at a mid to senior level grounded in a background of organizational development and culture change management
- Experience in organization-wide coordination, communication and collaboration
- Experience with people management, resource management, workforce optimization, capacity building, and skills analysis
- Experience with measurement, evaluation, data collection/analysis, and insights-driven planning to ensure maximum impact as envisioned in the organizational strategic plan.
- Experience with project management, client management and/or planning soft software and platforms
- Familiarity with and commitment to diversity & inclusion, innovation and learning & development,
- Comfortable with consulting, coaching and supporting managers and staff on collaboration and planning
- Ability to build trusted and effective relationships
- Ability to travel 10-25%
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development
- Project Management Professional Certificate
- Experience in mid-sized nonprofits
AIUSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, indigenous status, immigration status, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected and non-merit factors.
Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is seeking a Full-Time Organizational Effectiveness Lead (Six-month Fixed Term) to join our Inclusion & Strategic Innovation team. This position is based at either our Washington D.C or New York City…Read lessReport this listing
How To Applyhttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=19483&clientkey=FACBA214DB8B6B051E8C6DC04E56D67A