|Company:||National Organization for Rare Disorders|
|Workplace street:||Danbury, CT|
|Work schedule:||Full Time|
|Posted:||18 Aug 2019|
|Education:||4-Year Degree Required|
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is the leading nonprofit organization serving the rare disease community. Join our team and be part of the transformation of science, policy, care and awareness that is improving the lives of the 30 million Americans impacted by rare diseases.
Since 1983, NORD has served as the voice of the rare disease community, providing advocacy for fair and enlightened public policies; education for patients, their families, medical professionals and the public; and leadership and representation for rare disease patient organizations. NORD supports medical research to promote the development of safe, effective diagnostics and treatments, and it provides a broad array of patient assistance programs to assure patient access to treatments. Learn more at www.rarediseases.org.
The Webmaster, a key player on the Marketing team, is responsible for the development and ongoing performance optimization of NORD’s websites, which sees more than a million unique visitors each month. The Webmaster will collaborate across departments, working with content experts to create compelling, efficient and high conversion web resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Take ownership of NORD’s web software platform and websites by leading the development, deployment and maintenance of responsive WordPress websites.
· Build, edit and refine responsive, optimized WordPress websites, including custom themes and plugins from wireframes.
· Translate wireframes and design prototypes into functional WordPress pages and PHP code.
· Execute on web-related marketing projects, such as the creation of microsites, marketing automation (Salesforce) landing pages, and remarketing/retargeting campaigns.
· Analyze website traffic and trends and provide recommendation for necessary changes.
· Manage search optimization activities, including working collaboratively with SEO/SEM vendors to execute, monitor and improve search performance.
· Recommend and develop technology, tools and best practices for optimal website performance, quality and visibility. Learn and share up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and trends.
· Provide leadership and training to the user community; manage access controls
· Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Communications or Business or equivalent experience
3-5 years of experience with web application development in a business-critical environment, developing strong, usable websites and applications. Minimum of 3 years of experience with WordPress
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Advanced-level LAMP stack, HTML/HTML5
Strong knowledge of WordPress plugin and MySQL database management
Experience with Google Analytics/Search/AdWords and SEO/SEM
Experience with SalesForce or other CRM system a plus
Good sense of web design and experience working with designer to implement digital designs
Familiarity of PMO/PMP standards and methodologies; experience with Agile is a plus
Self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented team player with a positive attitude and a love for what you do.
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is the leading nonprofit organization serving the rare disease community. Join our team and be part of the transformation of science, policy, care and awareness that is…Read lessReport this listing
How To Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=78782be6-776d-448b-ac5a-228b26928a28&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=225943&source=CC3&lang=en_US