|Ad type:||volunteer opportunities|
|Company:||Shanti Project of San Francisco|
|City:||San Francisco, CA|
|Workplace street:||San Francisco, CA|
|Posted:||9 Jun 2019|
PAWS IS LOOKING FOR FOSTER CARE VOLUNTEERS!
Do you love pets and believe in the human-animal bond which brings so much support and joy into the lives of many, including some of our community's most vulnerable residents? Have you always wished to temporarily house or foster a dog or cat without the pressure of making a longer-term commitment?
We would love to invite you to consider becoming a PAWS Foster Care Volunteer. This is an excellent opportunity to care for and foster a PAWS client's pet for up to 2 weeks, depending on our clients' needs and circumstances. Fosters may last as short as a day or two.
When: To be coordinated with PAWS staff and our clients in need
Where: Your home, and possibly a client’s home if providing foster care at their residence
* Minimum age of 18
* Relevant experience with pets
* Sporadic availability based on client needs
* Able to provide a temporary home for pets
* Must live in a home that allows pets
* Must have experience owning or raising pets
* Must be physically able to do all necessary to care for animals
* Must be a trained PAWS volunteer
* Please note that this is a temporary commitment. Animal will return to guardian as soon as they are able to care for the pet
* Provide general animal care in your home for clients who are temporary unable to care for their pets
* Includes walking, feeding, bathing, medication administration if needed, etc.
For more information or to apply: please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
The next available PAWS Trainings are:
Tuesday, February 19th 5:00-8:30pm
Tuesday, April 23rd 5:00-8:30pm
Please note: you must submit an application and have a phone interview with staff before attending a training.
About Shanti’s PAWS Program
Founded in 1987, Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS) began as a human service organization that provides more than 600 individuals each year with emotional and practical support that enables them to focus on their own health and well-being while caring for and maintaining their companion animals. By providing essential support services, educating the larger community and advocating on behalf of the human-animal bond, PAWS improves the health and well-being of at-risk and vulnerable individuals, and the animals in their lives.
The mission of PAWS is to preserve, support and nurture the human-animal bond for those most vulnerable in our community, through pet food, subsidized vet care, and volunteer supportive services; dog-walking, in-home cat care, transports to vet visits, and emergency pet fostering. All of our clients are low-income San Francisco residents who are seniors (over 60 years old) and/or living with a disabling illness or condition. We serve about 600 people and their 800 pets each year.